Woohoo! It's the weekend! We're going to see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train stop in our town on Saturday. Has anyone else seen it before?
I shared this recipe on my Instagram stories last night (I'm @malisalieserplanning!), and wanted to share it here as well since it's so quick and easy- perfect for weeknights! I call this a super technical, fancy name: Mexican Skillet. I hope you try it!
- 1-2 TBSP EVOO
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can rotel, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, pulled pork, or 2 chicken breasts (or go vegetarian!)
- 2 cups instant rice
- 3-4 TBSP taco seasoning (or more to your preference)
- Optional toppings: salsa, avocado/guacamole, jalapenos, shredded cheese
1. Prepare the instant rice according to instructions.
2. Add the EVOO to a large saute pan on medium-high heat. Once heated, add the peppers and onion. Saute until cooked to your preference. I like mine nice and charred for flavor!
3. Once the peppers and onion are cooked, add your meat to the pan and cook through.
4. Add the beans, corn and rotel and stir to combine.
5. Season the mixture with your taco seasoning.
6. Once rice is cooked, add to the meat mixture and stir to combine. Add additional seasoning as needed. (Sometimes I'll add a bit of salsa here if the mixture seems a little dry.)
7. Top with cheese and let it melt if that's your jam.
8. Obviously guacamole is the bomb, so be sure to load yours up with creamy goodness to tame down any of the heat. Rock on!
Annnnd, here's what else we ate this week!
Sunday: Thai Coconut Soup (The first time I made it..highly recommend!)
Monday: Meatballs + fried potatoes
Tuesday: Cashew Chicken
Wednesday: Mexican Skillet
Thursday: Trader Joe's Coconut Shrimp + Quinoa + Roasted Broccoli
Friday: Pork Roast (maybe our favorite one ever)
I hope you all have a great weekend!