I'm turning 32 tomorrow.
It always seems that when people reach 30 and then each year after that there is this dread around birthdays and getting older. Like every time you ask someone "how are you feeling about turning another year older?" there is this expectation that the person will sigh or groan and complain about their birthday. I'm guilty of doing this in the past, but this year, I am actually looking forward to turning another year older.
I was out to an early birthday dinner with two great friends last week and one of them asked me how I was feeling about turning 32. And I was able to truthfully answer that I am feeling great about it, and feel like I am hitting my prime right now. There are a few reasons why:
1. I am getting pretty good sleep thanks to my kids being past the baby stage (knock on wood), my skin is finally in a place that I'm happy with, and I love my haircut right now (thanks to a new straightener!). These are kind of vain, but when you've struggled with feeling confident with your looks for a long time, it's really nice to feel good about it.
2. I feel good in my body, even though it's not "perfect," which ties into my recent commitment to being more active in 2017. My body has done amazing things and supports me every day. Every body is a good body!
3. I am pursuing something I am passionate about, and even though I've made $0 off it so far (I'm actually in the red from building this site!), I'm teaching people something I love, I'm meeting people, and best of all, I'm having fun!
4. I am confident in myself, and am really living my motto of "you do you." I no longer have the mental capacity to care much about what people think of me, which really only has happened in the past few years, and is a continuous journey.
5. I have found a relatively good balance with my corporate job, family time, me time, and time on this blog. (However, I do want to be better at my relationship with my husband. It's not uncommon for us to be sitting on the couch after the kids are in bed, on our phones, half-watching TV and not even talking to each other. Bad habits!)
32 is feeling great right now, and I can't wait to see what this year brings for this little blog of mine!
Now, onto what we ate this week!
Sunday: Melted Leek & Fontina Focaccia Pizzas | (Blue Apron recipe) This was recommended to me by a friend and it was really good! I'd probably cut out the ricotta next time, but will definitely try focaccia pizza again!
Monday: Cheesy Zucchini Rice (I added diced chicken)
Tuesday: Pork tacos (I also made this salsa from Blue Apron and it was a nice addition!)
Wednesday: Spicy Thai Noodles
Thursday: Burgers + Oven-Roasted Fries
Saturday (my birthday!): My favorite pork roast
Have a wonderful weekend!