Hey friends! It's the weekend!
We had some delicious meal this week, and I wanted to share one of the recipes I've tweaked to make it work for us. I hope you check it out!
Sunday: Pulled pork chili
Monday: Chicken Fried Rice (recipe below!)
Tuesday: Lasagna Soup
Wednesday: Meatballs + Mac & Cheese + Roasted Cauliflower
Thursday: Mexican Stuffed Peppers. Cut 3 peppers in half lengthwise to make "cups." Boil for 3 minutes to soften them up. Sautee a mixture of peppers, onions, ground beef, canned diced tomatoes, black beans + taco seasoning. Put peppers into a baking dish, pile the mixture into the pepper cups, top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, with the last few on broil.
Friday: Beef & Broccoli
Saturday: Thanksgiving #1 at our house!
Chicken Fried Rice
Adapted from Cooking Classy
Makes about 6 servings (leftovers, score!)
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 TBSP cooking oil of choice
1 bag frozen vegetables
2 chicken breasts, diced
3 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil
2 TBSP Hoisin sauce
1. Cook rice according to instructions.
2. In a large skillet, cook the chicken breasts in 2 TBSP cooking oil (EVOO, canola, vegetable).
3. Once chicken is cooked, add the bag of frozen vegetables to the skillet and sautee until cooked.
4. Crack 2 eggs into the pan and mix vigorously to scramble and cook them (or crack into a bowl, scramble and add to the pan to cook).
5. Once eggs are cooked through, add the cooked rice to the skillet.
6. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes to let flavors combine.
Want some more fast & easy meals delivered to your inbox? Get your free download below, and follow me on Pinterest for more meal inspiration!