Guys, I'm writing a blog post! It's been a few months, so this is momentous. But, I was reading through my daily email newsletters this morning and realized that I've got quite the collection that help me stay up to date on the news each day.
As someone who gets very anxious about what's going on in the world, but also recognizes the importance of staying woke during this tumultuous time, I find getting snippets of news without too much detail is easier for me to digest without going to a bad place in my head. So, if that sounds like something you'd also enjoy, check out one of a few of these!
Note: some of these are referral links, which just means I might get a little swag if enough people sign up through my link. No impact on you or your subscription!
1. The Skimm: This one is probably on the radar for most millennial women, but if not, The Skimm provides a recap of the previous day's most pressing news ranging from politics, natural disasters, sports, pop culture and more. It's a light, witty newsletter that takes me just a few minutes to get through each day. I also appreciate that they provide links in their articles so you can get more details if you want to. I can appreciate their neutral tone to politics, even though I have my own strong opinions. Sign up for The Skimm here.
2. The Hustle: This is a similar vein to The Skimm, and often they share some of the same topics. The Skimm and The Hustle are both witty and written in a humorous tone, but I'd say The Hustle slightly edges out The Skimm in terms of humor. I'm always impressed by their ability to concisely summarize a complex issue while also making it funny. Sign up for The Hustle here.
3. The Broadsheet: This is a daily newsletter from Fortune magazine's Kristen Bellstrom that "dishes on the world's most powerful women." It's all stories and news about powerful women doing amazing things in the world and paving the way for the rest of us. It's inspiring, empowering and exciting to see the things women are doing around the world. Subscribe to The Broadsheet here.
4. Levo Daily Email: This daily newsletter is a compilation of recent articles from the levo.com site, which is helpful for me since I don't often visit specific blogs on a regular basis. According to their website, Levo arms you with the tools to develop your talent, build connections with peers, mentors, and jobs. They consider themselves the "network for millennials in the workplace" and offer hundreds of articles, videos and local groups to help people navigate the corporate world. Sign up for Levo Daily Newsletter here.
5. Data Sheet: Another Fortune newsletter that I recently found that is a download on technology news. With my husband and I starting our own technology-based company, it's been really interesting to keep up on what's going on in the technology industry around the world. It can be a bit dense, but technology is only increasing! Sign up for Data Sheet here.
So there you have it, my top 5 daily newsletters to stay up to speed on what's going on in the world. Take a look and see what resonates with you!
And, as a bonus, I wanted to share two other silly, funny, ridiculous newsletters I subscribe to. I seriously laugh out loud when I read these a few times a week and it brings some much needed humor into my life. They are full of memes, hilarious Twitter threads, and random internet stories that make you feel good.
Buzzfeed Parents (Buzzfeed has tons of different types of newsletters, too, so check out their site to find one that interests you!)